Principal Software Engineer, Data -US Remote at Vista
The Cimpress Technology Data Platform team is dedicated to helping our worldwide network of companies unlock the value of what they know. Our self-service data platform provides tools to store, manage, and visualize data and a powerful, distributed framework for creating data products, from data transformation pipelines to machine learning models.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer for our Data Science Platform team. Working with a passionate global team, you will be responsible for hands-on solution architecture, technology strategy, technology vision, team leadership and building capabilities that enables Cimpress businesses to turn facts into competitive advantage at scale.
What you will do:
- Design and build solutions guided by the ML Lifecycle to enable diagnostic and predictive analytics capabilities
- Collaborate with our Data Scientists and Data Engineers to increase, improve and extend model management and prediction capabilities
- Work with teams across the business in a cooperative environment to understand what customers need and iterate on solutions adapting to feedback
- Be curious about trends and emerging technologies in data science, participate in user communities, and share what you learn with your teammates
- Bring new insights to the table; take your idea and turn it into a full-fledged product with the support of the broader Data Platform teams
- Contribute to a roadmap making data science products a core capability at Cimpress
- Working with AGILE principles
- 8+ years of experience as a Machine Learning, Software Engineer or similar role
- Experience building software that supports ML applications
- Experience building complex ETL data pipelines with scheduling and monitoring (e.g., with DBT, Spark and Airflow, or other tools) for batch processing and real-time data
- Strong programming skills in SQL and Python or R
- Experience with big data technologies/platforms such as Snowflake, ETL tools
Nice to have
- Entrepreneurial Engineering chops to deliver end to end proofs of concept
- Have built REST APIs
- Containerization like Docker
- You have a strong interest in development using cloud technologies. Expereince with AWS services including Lambda, Sagemaker, RDS, DynamoDB or Cloud Formation or Azure/Google Cloud equivalents
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Cimpress means that you don't see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey - and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what's next, we're always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we're capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
In 2020, Cimpress adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers them to be their best. Cimpress also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so and when in-person collaboration will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 30 US States as well as several countries in Europe, including Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
Led by founder and CEO Robert Keane, Cimpress invests in and helps build customer-focused, entrepreneurial mass customization businesses. Through the personalized physical (and digital) products these companies create, we empower over 17 million global customers to make an impression. Last year, Cimpress generated $2.88B in revenue through customized print products, signage, apparel, packaging and more. The Cimpress family includes a dynamic, international group of businesses and central teams, all working to solve problems, build businesses, innovate and improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Cimpress Technology, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Database, Developer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering