Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
Department: People Operations
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team consists of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Principal, People Analytics
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As Principal, People Analytics, you'll be responsible for building out the immediate and long-term People Analytics strategy for Gemini including defining organizational health metrics (incl. Talent management related studies), driving employee experience and culture related hypothesis testing, building dashboards for C-Suite, and helping the People team look around corners to identify signals. You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgment and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is collaborative, proactive, analytical, innovative, and extremely organized for this critical role on our team.
- Influence and help shape the people analytics strategy, framework, and reporting for all teams globally, including pre-establishment of a reporting cadence based on business needs.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute our people's decisions
- Translate business needs into reports and data visualizations
- Design and automate self-service dashboards to ensure our leadership has easy access to the right information when monitoring organizational health and making people decisions.
- Build and maintain people databases, datasets, pipelines, and warehouses; ensuring data integrity
- Understand org structure and data dependencies between business lines
- Assist with the development and management of our technology stack used for people data storage and processing.
- Automate data collection and scrubbing processes to move away from manual effort
- Communicate analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Design research and perform advanced analysis on people data to address questions from Business/People team leadership
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive people data and business issues
- Act as an internal consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, and recommending solutions to key business partners in collaboration with other members of the people team
- 7+ years insights and data analysis experience, in the people or Recruiting functions.
- Experience managing and analyzing data using tools such as SQL, Tableau, R, or Python
- Demonstrated technical expert in “full-stack” data pipeline development including setting priorities with solid understanding of business tradeoffs (i.e. cost-benefit analyses).
- Experience in integrating data from HR platforms like HCM, ATS, and LMS into a centralized warehouse
- Strong experience in data warehouses and ETL pipelines
- Experience providing consultative analysis to HR and Leadership
- Project management experience with multiple stakeholders prioritizing projects/tasks
- Ability to work across various levels of an organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs.
- Experience with statistical software such as SQL, R, SPSS
- Ability to manage immediate, short-term projects while also moving forward with longer term initiatives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Knowledge of Workday, Greenhouse and Qualtrics preferred
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.