About The Role
Our Data teams and software engineers are the central node to every team within Teikametrics. As Principal Engineer for the Data Platform team, you’ll be designing, prototyping, and implementing our next-generation data platform. Work will involve collaboration with Data Science to advance our utilization of machine intelligence, Product and User Experience to provide a best-in-class data-driven experience for our customers, and Operations engineers to ensure successful deployments and more.
Every decision made at Teikametrics is backed by data; our company trajectory is defined by the systems, tools, and analytics powered by our exceptional team. We integrate multifaceted data streams such as rapidly changing inventory data, product catalogs, and advertising data from disparate sources to perfect our processes and workflows in an effort to improve seller profitability and performance.
You will work with the team on collecting, modeling, storing, processing, merging, transforming, enriching, and analyzing large sets of data. The primary focus will be on architecting and choosing optimal solutions for various data sets and purposes (realtime vs historical), then building, optimizing, maintaining, and monitoring our data pipeline. You will also be responsible for integrating them into the larger Teikametrics data platform.
- Architecting and delivering next-gen data lake and data processing systems for both Teikametrics’ e-commerce customers as well as internal business units
- Engineering batch and real-time data pipelines to process data from across a diverse set of data sources: advertising APIs, marketplace APIs, inventory and supply-chain data, user-provided goods data, ML-derived bidding data
- Working closely with data scientists and collaborating with back-end, front-end, and business intelligence engineers to build products for gathering timely insights about seller performance
- Creating monitoring systems to track the quality of data and the health of our systems
- Ensuring systems are robust, resilient, cost-effective, and scalable as Teikametrics grows
- Processing data from disparate sources at scale, including from both streaming and batch inputs
- Integrating a data pipeline with multiple teams and departments, including experience collaborating with Data Science, BI and Data Warehousing, and API/Feature Development teams
- Communicating effectively and managing relationships with stakeholders coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Operating as a technical and team lead for the Data Platform engineering team
- Help design and work with other engineering teams to ensure they can serve processed data at scale
What You’ll Bring / Experience:
- Experience delivering massively scalable stream and batch processing pipelines using Spark, Flink, or Beam.
- Production experience with Kafka or similar, using Avro or Protobuf to manage data safety and evolution. Experience with Kafka, Kafka Connect, KStreams, KSQL, and Avro desired.
- Production experience with data lakes and data warehouses (e.g., Delta Lake, Hudi, Snowflake, Parquet, Presto, BigQuery), OLAP (e.g., RedShift, ClickHouse, Pinot), and time series databases (e.g., Druid, Influx, M3.)
- Experience scaling Postgres using partitioning, sharding, and other techniques in a multi-tenant SaaS environment.
- Experience with non-relational databases (e.g., Cassandra, ElasticSearch) and in-memory data grids (e.g., Hazelcast) desired.
- Expertise in Scala and Python
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques, CI/CD, and Terraform preferred
There has never been a more exciting time to join Teikametrics, the leading Retail Optimization Platform (ROP). We’re building an operating system to optimize every aspect of a retailer's business -- from advertising to inventory to pricing. We optimize billions of transactions for thousands of entrepreneurs and brands around the world selling on Amazon and other marketplaces. The Teikametrics ROP uses proprietary econometrics and machine-learning data models packaged in a simple SaaS interface. We combine our best in class technology with coaching and support from our world-class teams based in Boston, MA, Seattle, WA, and Bengaluru, India. We are looking for people who can excel, add value to our mission, and thrive in a demanding start-up environment.