Portfolio Management Analyst
TITLE: Portfolio Management AnalystJob description
The Asset Allocation team, a key contributor to MassMutual’s Investment Management division, is comprised of collaborative individuals who create innovative solutions that meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Portfolio Management Analyst to join our team.What great looks like in this role
The ideal candidate is team-oriented, and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate also has experience and expertise in investment management, particularly experience with fixed-income assets. In this role the candidate works closely in partnership with the rest of the investment management team and frequently communicates with other areas of MassMutual and outside investment managers. Candidate should also have experience initiating, developing, and advocating complex investment proposals up to the senior management.A few key objectives of this role
- Set portfolio structure - Structure asset classes and portfolios to enhance various investment and financial metrics.
- Support and guide outside investment managers - Direct and coordinate with various outside investment managers to implement actions and incorporate and record a wide variety of financial and investment metrics.
- Collaborate across business function - Coordinate with MassMutual’s Corporate Financial and Risk Management divisions in gathering investment metrics for periodic financial planning and forecasting.
- Drive innovation – With a deep expertise on the fundamentals of various investment asset classes, learn and master new and emerging data technology and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions in investment reporting.
- Analysis & decisions - Proactively identify risks and opportunities within the investment opportunity set. Make pro-active recommendations on relative value opportunities within various asset classes with an emphasis on fixed-income securities.
- Outside Manager Communication - Gather and co-ordinate a wide range of investment information and metrics from various outside existing and prospective investment managers. Provide investment guidance to the outside managers on the varied requirements of the insurance investment accounts.
- Risk management - Develop knowledge of risk-based capital charges and NAIC ratings and developing processes at origination and classification to augment RBC ratios.
- Continuous Improvement - Work on projects with varying levels of complexity and diversity supporting a wide range of stakeholders
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience with investments.
- Excellent communication skills, change & innovation orientation, strategic thinking, and the ability to formulate effective relationships.
- Effectively use data manipulation and visualization.
- Advanced degree in Finance or Business Administration.
- CFA designation.
- Advanced working knowledge of financial modelling.
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status