As NLP Engineer you will be an integral member of the Interactions team developinga new product, the Interactions Spoken Conversation Understanding platform - an advanced AI system that “listens” to human-human conversations and reacts to them in real time. You will be responsible for adapting the underlying Machine Learning models to new customers, new applications, and new functionality. Working closely with the other engineers and scientists on the team, this will include assembling the right data, building NLU and ASR language models, evaluating their performance, and deploying them in live services. You will collaborate with the team on evaluating new technology for introduction into the platform.
Your proficiencies include:
• Fluent in Python and shell scripting in UNIX/Linux environments.
• Experience with deep learning tools and libraries in python, such as Keras and scikit-learn.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Proactive, independent problem solving.
• Ability to demonstrate Interactions Values of:
Being passionate about customer service
Obsessing with our customer’s success
Respecting each other
Doing what we say we will do
• Proficiency in Spanish
In this role, your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
• Apply knowledge of data engineering, machine learning, statistics and software development to train ASR language models and a range of NLP and NLU models, including incremental versions of named entity recognition, text normalization, dialog state identification, and others.
• Maintain understanding of machine learning technology used in Interactions’ Spoken Conversation Understanding in order to train models of high quality.
• Collaborate with the extended team on prototyping, evaluating, and productizing technology and software improvements.
• Organize and manage a data library, to support rapid, high quality model generation.
• Identify and collect diverse data to improve performance and to facilitate rapid adaptation of models to new contexts.
• Proactively explore innovations in process, software and technology to improve product performance.
• Support customer deployments, including performance evaluations, root cause analysis, and tuning.
Your qualifications are:
• Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics with specialization in natural language processing or machine learning.
• Minimum of two years of relevant work experience, including training models for natural language processing, speech recognition or related language understanding technologies.