MDM Data Engineer at MassMutual
Objectives of the role
- Design, build, and measure complex Informatica MDM processes to master data for different Master Data domains in MassMutual.
- Working on a range of projects including batch pipelines, data modeling, and Master data solutions you’ll be part of collaborative project teams working to implement robust data collection and processing pipelines to meet specific business need.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Design, build, and measure complex ELT jobs to process disparate data sources and form a high integrity, high quality, clean data asset.
- Build out MDM solutions for party domain
- Support all aspects of MDM solution – data ingestion, creation of master record, outbound extracts, and API integration
- Executes and provides feedback for data modeling policies, procedure, processes, and standards.
- Assists with capturing and documenting system flow and other pertinent technical information about data, database design, and systems.
- Develop data quality standards and tools for ensuring accuracy.
- Data profiling and analysis of source system data
- Work across departments to understand new data patterns.
- Translate high-level business requirements into technical specs.
- Actively participate in the development and deployment of MDM Solutions and other Information Management efforts at MassMutual.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with data analytics, data modeling, and database design.
- 3+ years of coding and scripting (Python, Java, Scala) and design experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Informatica MDM platform in customer / party subject area.
- Experience with ELT methodologies and tools.
- Expertise in tuning and troubleshooting SQL.
- Strong data integrity, analytical and multitasking skills.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with data profiling tools
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- Familiar with agile project delivery process.
- Knowledge of SQL and use in data access and analysis.
- Ability to manage diverse projects impacting multiple roles and processes.
- Able to troubleshoot problem areas and identify data gaps and issues.
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Kafka
- Basic knowledge of database technologies (Vertica, Redshift, etc.).
- Experience designing and implementing automated ETL processes.