MDM Data Architect at MassMutual
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We are people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we are strongerObjectives of the role
- The Architect will design, build, and measure complex Informatica MDM processes to master data for different Master Data domains in MassMutual.
- Work on a range of projects including batch pipelines, data modeling, and Master data solutions as part of a collaborative project team working to implement robust data collection and processing pipelines to meet specific business needs.
- Provide technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member and individual contributor.
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations. Maintain current and future state architecture.
- Provide conceptual and logical master data architecture design.
- Provide IT architecture direction to business areas.
- Actively participate in the development and deployment of MDM Solutions and other Information Management efforts at MassMutual.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 7+ years in enterprise, application and master data architecture design.
- Experience working in Agile development process and understanding of SDLC.
- Ability to clearly present to senior management with confidence.
- Be able to articulate the value of getting solutions built using established master data principles.
- MDM platform development experience in customer / party subject area.
- Demonstrated understandingof big data technologies.
- Experience working with event-based architecture.
- Experience designing cloud-based operational applications.
- Experience in data modeling within transactional and operational reporting/analytical (EDW/Data Lake/NoSQL) solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure disciplines.
- Expertise in tuning and debugging SQL and resolving application specific bottlenecks
- Experience facilitating meetings and providing presentations to stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Data security frameworks
- Data quality frameworks
- Metadata management & data catalogs
- Data governance frameworks
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills required.
- Ability to present solution designs to various stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently.
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship.
- Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Experience with Kafka
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience in data modeling and design in the insurance and financial industries
- Experience with cloud-based databases and data warehouses
- Experience with capacity planning, database scripting and package deployment.
- Good knowledge of data replication methodology
- Good knowledge of Data warehouse/Data Mart /Data Lake