Manager, Ecommerce Optimization
The Chewy Ecommerce Analytics team is looking for a seasoned Manager, Ecommerce Optimization to lead experimentation across our website and apps in our Boston, MA location. In this role, you will be the authority on experimentation within the Ecommerce team and will guide our strategy, standards and processes around a/b and multivariate testing. You’ll play a key role in shifting the culture of the organization to embrace and properly utilize experimentation. The ideal candidate is a statistics whiz with experience building or growing a mature testing program.
What You'll Do:
- Act as the central hub of the optimization program, setting strategy, standards and processes for all Ecommerce experimentation.
- Partner with analysts, product managers and data scientists to design and execute tests and analyze results.
- Own and improve standardized prioritization process to ensure we use bandwidth wisely.
- Act as air traffic controller to avoid test collisions and ensure validity of results.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with Optimizely.
- Evangelize experimentation to the Ecommerce org and educate stakeholders on key concepts.
- Use session replay and other customer experience tools to help understand the “why” behind tests.
- Position may require travel.
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years experience working in a mature testing program or agency, ideally in ecommerce, with significant hands-on experience running experiments.
- Deep statistical knowledge around experimental design and analysis.
- Experience using a 3rd party testing tool (Optimize preferred); experience building an in-house experimentation platform is a plus.
- Solid analytical chops with experience accessing data through SQL.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable operating in a highly ambiguous environment with little direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, marketing or technical field. Advanced degree is a plus.