Manager, Data Science at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is looking for a Lead/Manager of Data Science to join our fast-growing team. You’ll have a big impact on our direction, our team and how we operate. You’ll drive upfront research and ship features that help our customers learn and grow from their data.
You ideally have a background in data science, machine learning, and software engineering. You have previously managed a team of at least three people that has successfully delivered data science-driven software features. You have both a solid fundamental understanding of and deep practical experience with data science and software engineering methods. Equally important, you’re passionate about mentoring and growing teams.How you will make a difference:
- Develop and lead a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Responsible for the success of one or two “pods” (a team responsible for taking an idea from conception through research to a shipped capability)
- Provide guidance on research, experimental design and architecture
- Contribute to and review research reports, specifications and pull requests
- Hire great people
- Establish genuine relationships across Klaviyo and with our customer and partner community
- 2+ years of management experience and at least 5 years of industry experience
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, data science, statistics, math or other relevant quantitative discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Capable of thinking carefully and communicating clearly
- Great at simplifying and organizing complex problems
- Have a burning desire to ship features powered by data science (you’re excited by both upfront research and actually getting stuff into production at cloud scale)
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 28,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.