At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful financial institutions.
As a software engineer on the Internal Tools & ML Ops Team, you are a thoughtful, collaborative, and resourceful technologist who is passionate about designing both usable workflows for training and deploying ML models, and the tooling that enables Kensho engineers to build high quality and reliable software. You have a strong desire to work on an internal team and provide value to your fellow engineers. You have experience developing containerized tools, microservices, or full stack applications. While you are detail-oriented, you excel at looking at a problem from a high level, gathering requirements from multiple stakeholders and pitching solutions.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that streamline the way we build and ship software and models?? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our tightly-knit, team-based community that provides our Kenshins with a collaborative, supportive environment.
What You'll Do:
- Iterate on Kensho’s ML processes to produce tools that make every stage of the modeling workflow — from annotating data to deploying and monitoring models — robust, auditable, and usable
- Build out our suite of web applications that support ML development, like interactive frontends for models
- Work with ML engineers to develop monitoring systems that detect performance issues like distribution drift in deployed models
- Design and implement tooling like improved CI checks to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity and code quality
- Collaborate with engineering teams, including the SRE team, to identify common needs and develop well-architected and scalable infrastructure
- Maintain a close relationship with Core Infrastructure to ensure tooling and design choices provide the right level of abstraction on top of our infrastructure
- Implement best practices on top of automated frameworks for unit, integration, end-to-end, smoke and other testing approaches
What We Look For (preferred not required):
- At least 3 years relevant industry experience
- Desire to build internally to improve developer efficiency and experience
- Familiarity with the process of building and deploying an ML model to production
- Experience developing web applications in modern frameworks like React
- Experience with application testing & deployment infrastructure, including front-end deployments
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with shell scripting (Bash, Sh) and package managers (pipenv, poetry, npm)
How To Really Get Our Attention:
- Experience building and/or deploying cloud-native microservices
- Open source projects showing innovation and initiative
- Has both built proprietary software as well as integrated third party software
Technologies We Like:
- Ubuntu linux or similar operating systems
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 20 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.