At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch. We're not venture capitalists - we are a collaborative team of Engineers, Analysts, and Entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectual curiosity to build a platform that spins up successful online businesses, fast.
As a Lead Project Research Analyst you will handle researching market and technology trends, business opportunities and in conjunction with Senior Leadership, turning them into high impact initiatives. You will do this by analyzing complex business problems using data from internal and external sources and supplying insight and actionable plans to analysts and decision makers. We are looking for a passionate Analyst who will transform data into insights using data visualization and data modeling techniques. This position will have increasing responsibility and be on a path towards identifying and leading future incubated companies.
What to expect from Cogo Labs:
- Near obsessive use of data to inform business decisions. We believe that efficient growth happens when we make every decision based on solid, well directed analysis
- Unmatched opportunity. We believe in mentoring people to grow as quickly as they can. Today's new graduate hires are tomorrow's leaders. This role will work towards leading our future incubated companies and their ventures
- Flexibility and novelty. Your role will define itself over time, as you find the problems that you are uniquely capable of solving
- A fun, supportive culture. Happy employees are the most successful. We take care of our own, and not just because it is good business
- You can turn complex data into actionable insights and generate an action plan, working as a team player with our operational teams
- You are a strong collaborative communicator and can convey complex ideas concisely to all audiences
- You can provide strategic insights to drive improvement for the scoping and formation of our spin-off companies.
- You can find, understand, and research key technical and financial drivers for company success and overall revenue growth
- You can perform statistical analysis, interpret trends, develop conclusions, and summarizes research findings in a research memo
- You can deliver custom projects using SQL, Excel, BigQuery, or other software
- You have 6-12 years of demonstrable success in an analytical role
If you are reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There is no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we do not expect you to check every box. We are inspired by the uniqueness that people like you bring to the table. The companies that we incubate are only as innovative as the breadth of lived experiences shared by the t. eams building them. We cannot wait to read your application!
Cogo Labs is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cogo Labs Leadership Principles
1. Take Big Swings
Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leaders strive to spend their time exclusively on what’s important, and they shed the rest. They seek out the highest return on their team’s time and effort.
2. Data Driven
Leaders work backwards from the solution to generate plans. They use data to be sure their time and effort are always leveraged at the most impactful work. They admit when they are wrong and use the data to eliminate their blind spots.
3. Make Moonshine
Leaders create value from spare and under-utilized parts. They’re resourceful and tenacious. They expect and require innovation and invention from their teams, and they find ways to simplify. They are situationally aware; they look for good ideas from anywhere.
4. Insist on the Highest Standards
Leaders keep the standards relentlessly high. They demand high quality products, services, and processes because they deliver high quality products, services, and processes. Leaders solve root problems and ensure that when problems get fixed, they stay fixed.
5. Bias for Action
Leaders run everywhere they go. Many decisions and actions are reversible and don’t need extensive study. Leaders value calculated risk taking because they know that in business, speed wins.
6. Have Integrity; Earn Trust
Leaders listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. They are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is difficult or embarrassing. Leaders are not arrogant. They benchmark themselves against the best and identify their gaps.
7. Hire and Develop the Best
Leaders raise the bar with every hire and promotion. They want to work with other leaders. They recognize exceptional talent and enthusiastically propel them throughout the organization. Leaders are serious about their role in coaching others.
Leaders think long-term and don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They own all the inputs to their business. They act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team.
9. Disagree and Commit
Leaders respectfully challenge decisions when they disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or awkward. They have conviction; they do not compromise in the name of social niceties. Once a decision is reached, they commit wholly.
10. Dive Deep
Leaders operate at once with immense perspective and granular detail. No task is beneath them. They audit frequently, and they are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ.
11. Deliver Results
Leaders focus their time on the key drivers for their business. They pursue them obsessively to deliver results with the right quality and in a timely fashion. They rise to the occasion and never compromise.