Lead Data Scientist at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Lead Data Scientist .
The role of the Lead Data Scientist is for individuals passionate about identifying and delivering the right Business solution for each client using AI/ML. Our Data Scientists are keen to understand our customer needs, processes and pain points to determine the success factors and evaluation criteria that will needed to measure the effectiveness of an ML model.
The Lead Data Scientist will be involved in the strategic planning of an engagement or helping the client make decisions about their future AI/ML roadmap and vision. Once the project as begun, the Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for the execution of our established methodology, worked with customer and/or the teams data engineer to identify data ingestion and transformation needs, exploration of the data and reporting findings, modeling and evaluation of training iterations. It is a key part of the role to be able to explain in non-technical terms the chosen modeling approach and findings from data exploration or training results.
The Lead Data Scientist will work with Senior Project Managers to assist with daily operations exercising time management, communication and collaboration in a fast-paced environment to ensure the successful delivery of projects. The Lead Data Scientist will interface with Perficient technical and business delivery personnel, as well as vendors and customers on a regular basis. May mentor junior data scientists.
- Use your machine learning (ML) expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to provide technology and business solutions by utilizing statistical/ mathematical methods (classification, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, …) or deep learning techniques.
- Perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data, and identify patterns.
- Work directly with clients and stakeholders to present and explain the key techniques and major results generated using non-technical language; understand client feedback and be able to accommodate back into the model through programming or additional feature engineering.
- Come up with innovative, repeatable, business use cases for real world recommendation techniques, and quickly develop prototypes to test these use cases.
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies, tools and clous services as needed, to deliver insights, such as Microsoft Azure.
- Translate customer pain points, needs and requirements into creative ML solutions.
- Help define automated AI/ML pipeline for both training and runtime predictions.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, best practices and knowledge sharing documentation
- Ability to deliver on schedule and communicate effectively to ensure alignment between operations and technology.
- Ability to educate customer on project goals and solution and set realistic expectations.
- 5+ years of professional business and data analysis or engineering experience, with strong relationship management and project execution experience.
- Minimum 2 years consulting experience or similar customer-facing role.
- Proven track-record in working with large and complex datasets, developing ML models, supporting data pipelines in a production environment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of iterative development methodologies
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current ML technologies & platforms and real-world applications of ML in the enterprise.
- Knowledge of current technologies and ML frameworks (tensorflow, pytorch, sklearn, keras,…)
- Hands-on experience on data engineering/processing frameworks (databricks, spark, dataflow, …)
- Experience with MLOps framework (Kubeflow, MLFlow, airflow, …) a big plus.
- Skilled ability to obtain, understand and respond strategically to client needs.
- Highly detail oriented, well organized, and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Energetic, motivated, service-oriented, and be able to multi task.
- Proven track record of delivering on time, on budget, and meeting client commitments.
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Flexible to new situations and challenges.
- Flexibility to travel up to 50 percent.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science or related major.
- Current and active AI/ML Certification in majors cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM) a big plus.
- Experience working in a professional services company, consulting firm, or agency.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.