Lead Data Scientist
Rue Gilt Groupe is at a key inflection point. Having built a profitable retail business through establishing brands that inspires confidence in millions of users, Rue Gilt Groupe is now investing substantial resources to leverage technology to put their data to good use. This is a rare opportunity to have massive impact on 30M loyal members.
- Solve business problems using advanced statistical techniques.
- Lead the identification and creation of predictive analytics opportunities to solve business problems and drive value.
- Proactively identify and develop expertise in new technologies, methodologies, and techniques.
- Design and manage experiments and pilots to test hypotheses.
- Lead cross-function projects from ideation/conception through execution and completion
- Partner and coordinate with Product, Marketing & Engineering to operationalize analytical models
- Prior Management Experience
- Required education and experience:
- PhD in applied mathematics, computer science, operations research, systems engineering, decision sciences, statistics or other quantitative disciplines
- Or Master in quantitative disciplines plus 3+ year experience in predictive modeling and advanced analytics
- Or Bachelor in quantitative disciplines plus 5+ year experience in predictive modeling and advanced analytics
- Experience working with collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, regression, information retrieval, and/or statistical modeling.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Redshift, Spark or similar big data tools and technology
- Experience working with SQL, Java or Python.
- Fluency working with machine learning tools such as R, Python.
- Must have exceptional analytical, problem solving, decision making, communication, and organizational skills
About Rue Gilt Groupe:
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 30+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt Groupe for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.