Lead Data Science Engineer at DraftKings
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:12 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, July 16, 2020
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are growing our dynamic team in Boston, MA. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that don’t have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
Love Data? We do too.
- Own the design and delivery of econometric and machine learning models to drive efficient and effective marketing decisions at scale.
- Construct and execute well-organized testing plans that enable us to move faster and smarter.
- Identify next-level opportunities to enhance our marketing efforts with data science.
- Serve as a source of methodological expertise for the broader data science team.
- Mentor junior team members in advanced modeling techniques and best practices.
- Work in complex technical systems and wrangle data from a wide set of data sources.
- Partner closely with business leads across the company to plan and execute on valuable data science projects.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 5+ years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment.
- Master’s and/or Ph.D. in a quantitative field – e.g., Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Operations Research, Statistics, Machine Learning, Finance, etc.
- Track record of success in developing and delivering valuable business solutions powered by econometric and/or machine learning models.
- Experience with Python, SQL, git, and bash/UNIX scripting.
- Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value.
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts.
- Intense intellectual curiosity – a strong desire to always be learning.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving open-ended problems.
- Highly collaborative, team-player attitude.
- Bonus: Demonstrated experience with Causal Inference, Econometrics, and/or Discrete Choice Methods.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
Read Full Job Description