- You’ll play the role of Team Lead for the data engineering team responsible for building out a data asset that powers Kyruus’ growing vertical markets and partnerships.
- Hands-on role in leading the architectural vision for large-scale project and system design using modern technology stacks with a core focus on reusability, scalability and performance at scale.
- Lead, hire, mentor, and coach junior / experienced engineers that support effective data management, metadata management, and good data quality.
- Lead conversations with infrastructure teams on network data platforms (e.g., configuration, access, tools, services, compute capacity, etc.)
- Building and maintaining robust and scalable data integration (ETL/ELT) pipelines using SQL, EMR, Python, Spark, Dell-Boomi, Matillion, Airflow, AWS Glue, etc
- You’ll report to the Director, Data Analytics in the Analytics department within the Delivery division.
Respect: How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 8 + years of data management experience/tools (like SQL, ETL/ELT, Data Management, Data Cleansing, Data Quality, and Metadata Management) implementing data solutions and demonstrating technical leadership skills and/or leading teams to -
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions.
- Transform and curate data from a variety of systems.
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers.
- Automate, optimize, and maintain ETL/ELT mappings in a repeatable, scalable fashion.
- Administer all data to ensure compliance with standards, policies, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance to all database architecture along with a long term scalable roadmap.
- Drive long term vision of data management best practices such as data integration, data security, data warehousing, data analytics, data syndication, metadata management and data quality.
- Provide knowledge and experience in architecting modern data integration frameworks, highly scalable distributed systems using open source and emerging data architecture designs/patterns.
- Provide expertise in relational, ELT/ETL and data integration technologies
- Synthesize information to see the big picture while effectively managing detail.
- Work cross-functionally by connecting the dots between our products, our business initiatives, and our customers.
Empowerment: How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You can articulate the business value of the Analytics the team produces.
- You lead several complex long-term projects while handling network data management.
- You convey complex concepts and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences and multiple stakeholders.
- You develop requirements that demonstrate a thorough understanding of the product features and business problems Kyruus solves.
- You are leading the team with high efficiency.
- Kyruuvians in the Lead Data Engineer role can move in a more linear career path either on the individual contributor track to a Data Architect role, or into a management track as a Manager, Data Analytics.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.