Large Employer Actuary at Humana Studio_h
At Humana, the Market Risk Management Actuarial team is at the heart of executing on the strategic priorities for the Employer Group segment. Our teams drive business results by developing strategies and pricing actions at the market level to achieve profitability and membership targets. The Large Employer Actuary oversees all market focused actuarial functions for several large employer group markets.
Key responsibilities for the Large Employer Actuary include:
- Oversee the actuarial functions for several employer group markets with a focus on the large group segment.
- Consultation on pricing strategy, custom product pricing, and trend estimates for fully insured and self-funded large employer groups.
- Peer review and provide sign-off for state and federal rate filings and rate certifications
- Establish market specific pricing targets that achieve nationwide segment guidance
- Evaluate market level financial projections to investigate and analyze gaps in actual performance to expectations
- Collaborate with key business partners (actuarial and non-actuarial) to understand market dynamics and innovate market level growth initiatives
- Communicate and present rate recommendations and market financial results to senior leaders and other key stakeholders
- Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree
- FSA or ASA plus relevant advanced degree, recent and relevant work experience, and/or other relevant professional designations.
- Strong communication skills
- Relevant experience pricing in commercial large group (product pricing, financial modeling, experience analysis, rate filings, underwriting support & strategy)
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Access, SQL
- Experience working with the markets or sales in Commercial or Medicare environments
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with non-actuarial business partners
- Rate filing experience
- Presentation skills or strong desire to practice presentation skills
- Collaborator and team-player
Mkt Ofc, Green Bay, Milwaukee, Waukesha or Louisville, KY