HR Operations Manager at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious HR Operations Manager. Reporting to the Senior Director, Total Rewards & People Operations, this is both a hands-on and strategic role that provides project support to People Operations initiatives and projects. This role is critical in performing projects, leading change, driving HR functional excellence, process improvement, and providing superior customer support. This role with serve HR in a supportive, consultative manner as well as through managing and driving projects from initial concept through successful organizational change and final implementation.
Come join CarGurus during an outstanding growth period!What You'll Do:
Focus on continuous process improvement:
- Analyze operational efficiency and employee experience to identify improvement opportunities.
- Find opportunities for employee and manager direct access.
- Keep employee experience at the forefront of all People processes review, i.e. onboarding, employee changes, offboarding, etc.
- Responsible for the execution of a portfolio of projects aimed at streamlining & modernizing core HR Functions while delivering a premier candidate/employee experience.
- Implement program management standard methodologies dedicated to integration, collaboration, empowerment, and standardization.
- Support the development of project plans in collaboration with sponsors and partners to implement strategic HR Initiatives, set expectations, and drive the delivery of projects with excellence, on time, and on budget.
- Create and maintain relations by engaging partners to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives; communicate effectively with senior management team members.
- Prepare and submit annual EEO-1. Stay informed regarding Labor Law and DOL updates.
- Support HR compliance programs and practices as assigned including HR-related laws, EEO, wage and hour, legislative changes, labor law posters, and other compliance-related items. Participate in and review employee policy/handbook updates.
- Support internal and external audit processes, ensuring SOX compliance.
- Drive progress and analysis on M&A activity by conducting due diligence, developing business cases, building detailed financial models, and working closely with internal leaders to advise and successfully implement key business strategies and initiatives that may impact the people & talent agenda.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, managing projects as assigned, and being comfortable with managing changing schedules/agendas professionally.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage contending priorities using independent judgment.
- Enjoys taking ownership for problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and establish rapport at all levels of the organization.
- Effective organizational, analytical, confidentiality, quantitative, writing, multi-tasking, and time leadership skills.
- Proficient with the use of MS Office, PowerPoint, Lucid Chart, and project management tools.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal and professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts and government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders’ discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions and needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large.