Healthcare AWS Cloud and BigData Lead (Remote) at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient is looking for an experienced AWS and Big Data Lead Architect. Role is remote, and based in Boston, MA area (local residence or relocation required).
This is a AWS and Hadoop Architect that will lead the team and customer. Must have strong consulting skills and extremely strong communication skills. The role requires experience managing onshore and offshore teams. Strong communication and the ability to motivate teams, and influence team work completion according to project plans are essential.
The role requires the ability to set up AWS and Cloudera, and work with the components of AWS including security. This is a platform role, not data focused. Strong AWS comprehensive experience and strong Cloudera required.
Perficient is on a mission to help the Healthcare industry take advantage of modern data and analytics architectures, tools, and patterns to improve the quality and affordability of care. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to assist Perficient and its customers to grow the capabilities necessary to improve care through better use of data and information, and in the process take their career to the next level.
- Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Work with application developers, users, operational leadership, and subject matter experts to understand current and future operational data analysis goals. Recommend modern technology stacks to meet those goals and help engineering teams migrate towards their use.
- Collaborate with the customer's operations and technology leadership on the future analytic goals of the organization, and design a technical architecture to meet those goals. Participate in configuring the architecture, and advise engineering teams on its efficient use.
- Lead a work stream or act as a team lead and manage non-complex components of the work plan/project.
- Utilize analytical, process, and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope.
- More than 10 years of overall experience with 6 plus years delivering Technology solutions.
- Experience leading and delivering complex enterprise solutions by directing multiple teams.
- Experience in building and cultivating highly functioning teams comprised of Perficient, client, and third party resources.
- Proven track record working with and selling to the stakeholders, executives, and decision makers of Fortune 1000 companies.
- Proven domain expertise with experience building business cases and communicating client-specific value proposition and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor.
- Ability to lead technical discussions with business and technical decision makers, including detailing technical specifications, product roadmaps, deployment, and third-party integrations
- Technical and strategic leader with deep experience and knowledge in the design and implementation of analytical data platforms and accepted best practices around data movement, meta-data catalogs, data governance, data transformation, data ingestion, data security, data science and data mining in both Cloud, hybrid and on-premise environments.
- Ability to design, lead and guide technical direction for data and analytics architecture to be in-line with business architecture and roadmap and analyze environments, tools, components and processes as they fit into the overall strategic architecture.
- Experience in the design, implementation of data architecture and strategies dealing with multiple data sources and formats in a distributed and clustered environment for both batch and real-time environments using tools such as Spark.
- Lead and implement analytical data lakes and accepted best practices in both AWS and hybrid cloud environments leveraging Cloudera’s Data platform.
- Intimate knowledge of all phases of AWS infrastructure and concepts such as VPC, subnets, security groups, S3, RDS, EC2, Glacier, Lambda, IAM, security, encryption, DevOps, replication and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of Cloudera architecture and components a must including Director, Navigator, Manager within both cloud and on-premise environments including securitizing services and users with Kerberos, LDAP/Active Directory.
- Deep experience with security in cloud environments around HIPAA, PHI/PII data, data encryption at rest and in transit as well security concepts like tokens, federated security models and secrets management.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Hadoop (Hive, Impala, Presto, etc.) and NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc) databases and enterprise data platforms such as Cloudera including security, data governance and discovery.
- Knowledge of data science and analytical processes for data mining and predictive modeling including analytical workspaces such as Jupyter, Zepellin, RSudio.
- Experience with data engineering languages such as Java, Python and Scala.
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD as well as Agile tools and processes including Git, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.