Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
As a Health Data Analyst focused on Customer Success for Veeva Data Cloud, you will own analyses that demonstrate the quality and coverage of our data network, as well as conduct data investigations prompted by inbound customer inquiries.
You’ll be part of a team focused on bringing our newly launched suite of Veeva Data Cloud products to market. With a deep understanding of our data, our customers’ use cases, and the therapeutic areas of interest to our customers, you will help to position both our products and our customers for success. Your expertise and analyses will be leveraged by your teammates in Customer Success and Strategy as they prepare for customer discussions and produce reports/deliverables for customer delivery.
In your role, you will be responsible for performing both pre-and post-sales analyses to showcase Veeva Data Cloud’s value to our customers. You’ll perform qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to assist in the identification of data issues or anomalies that impact customers. You will curate observations re. our data and customers’ use of it, sharing feedback with Strategy and Product to enhance market positioning and inform the VDC roadmap.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about health data and thrives in an entrepreneurial/start-up environment.
What You'll Do
- Execute data querying, cleansing, and analysis to support customer requests
- Manage projects and analyses to ensure timely deliverables that meet client needs and address key business questions
- Derive insights from prescription and medical claims data to demonstrate the value and unique dimensions of our data network
- Understand data in the context of customer use cases, identify data gaps and develop recommendations as to how data may be used/interpreted
- Build overall expertise on the data in Veeva Data Cloud, contributing to the development of normative databases, documentation, and standardized reporting to support customers
- Conduct exploratory analytics to understand data anomalies and elevate meaningful observations to Product for further analysis
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Developers to ensure high-quality data delivery to our customers
- Minimum 4+ experience working with big data for healthcare (medical claims and/or prescription claims)
- Expert in SQL and Excel
- Understand how relational databases work, and experience designing transformations, mappings, and working with reference tables
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire, etc.
- Experience investigating data issues and working with a cross-functional team for problem resolution
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products
Nice to Have
- Experience in Python or R
- Knowledge of Industry Standard billing codes such as ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience working with product and/or agile teams
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]