Chewy is seeking a Head of Engineering in Boston.
Chewy is growing! We’re looking for a Head of Engineering, Analytics Platform to join our team developing Chewy.com. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
- Are you inspired by innovation?
- Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA?
- Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture?
- Are you excited about developing solutions focused on providing delightful customer experience?
- Are you able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our continuous business growth?
If your answer is yes, read on...
Chewy engineering team is seeking a talented and motivated Leader within our Storefront Experience division to build our Analytics and Experimentation platform. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at Chewy’s scale requires leaders with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity. As a Director of this platform you will own, define and deliver the vision for our analytics platform including the infrastructure, pipeline, api and measurement tools, enabling data driven decision making across all teams within the company. At Chewy, Director will interact with product leaders, managers, understand our business goals, collaborate with other leaders, and innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and high-value functionality.
What does it take to thrive as a Head of Engineering at Chewy? You need to be creative, responsible, and curious while leading the team to move quickly to deliver results for our customers with minimal supervision. You’re excited about designing and implementing solutions that scale and engaging customers to understand what’s needed to meet their needs. You’re able to think about business opportunities, understand operational implications, and lead us in evolving our service architecture in the course of a single conversation. You’re looking to lead and mentor a team of bright, capable engineers to implement your vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and lead a team of experienced Software Development Managers, Software Engineers and Quality Engineers
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional software and quality engineers
- Lead an engineering team to produce high quality, on-time solutions to address business needs
- Curate, groom, prioritize and maintain the technical backlog for Engineering driven initiatives
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment
- Drive technical decisions and work with your product managers to manage the backlogs to support multiple teams within the engineering organization
- Generate and analyze engineering metrics to inform leadership in making data driven decisions
- Champion quality initiatives and best practices to enable the team to continue to develop high quality, maintainable, and performant code
- Build and foster a strong engineering team and positive engineering culture
- Participate in strategic planning with product management, engineering management, and technical leads
- Take on responsibility for Storefront operational processes and procedures including incident management and on-call rotations
- Display excellent verbal and written communication and be able to convey dissenting opinions in a constructive manner, particularly written communications
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing significant software development projects
- Exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills
- Proven and successful experience building real time data streaming, ingestion, aggregation and reporting platforms
- Experience delivering high performance distributed systems in public cloud environments
- Experience with ecommerce analytics platforms
- Experience with customer data platforms (e.g. Segment, mParticle, etc.)
- Experience with business intelligence platforms (e.g. Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with cloud based data warehouse platforms (e.g. Snowflake, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of the principles of data engineering and data modeling (e.g. ETL pipelines)
- 7+ years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of a strong and capable engineering team
- 5+ experience software development experience
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
- Working knowledge of Cloud specific technology stack (AWS specifically)
- Familiarity/experience with quality engineering concepts and tools
- Experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in the latest trends in engineering and leadership, and an above average emotional intelligence
- Degree in computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or another related field
- Position may require travel
- Strong engineering background building Products that are ecommerce scale
- Prior roles in Ecommerce or in technology companies
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Scrum Master Certification
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]