Head of Customer Research and Insights at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is growing rapidly and profitably. Our platform handles billions of events and consists of multiple building blocks that can be combined and reused to deliver outstanding value for customers. Our hypergrowth opens up many interesting opportunities to excel and grow - from scaling to 10X the previous year workload, to being part of internal start-ups that seek to explore markets that our technology can help, to being part of a team that is constantly reinventing themselves to continue to deliver customer value faster even as we continue to grow in size.
Why You Should Join the Marketing Team:
As Head of Customer Research and Insights you will have experience leading high performing research teams and several years of experience in the market research field. This role will report into the Head of Marketing responsible for driving strategic research initiatives across Creative Development, Strategy, Brand, Product Marketing, Self Serve, and Partner/Channel Marketing teams across US and ROW. You will have prior experience managing quant and qual studies end to end with a keen sense of how to use primary, secondary and big data analytics to make business decisions.
How You will Make a Difference:
- Lead the insights framework and effectively create relevant customer research insights: including customer segmentation, NPS, Brand Perception, etc
- Direct and run consumer, brand, media and marketing research (qualitative and quantitative) to uncover insights into who our customers are, what motivates them and how we can better develop and message our products and services.
- Identify research needs in support of business planning and product planning and share findings to influence planning.
- Actively conduct research as required to maintain current understanding of competitive products, sales tactics, target markets and market penetration, pricing, etc. Ensure information gathered is used to effectively influence product planning, business strategy, etc.
- Develop and secure approval for an annual market research plan in collaboration with marketing and business leaders to generate strategic insights.
- Assess marketing programs and contribute to continual improvements in effectiveness.Select and manage outside vendors to ensure quality and adherence to timelines and budget.
- Provide periodic reports on progress towards the achievement of all program goals and the effectiveness and ROI of research/insights activities.
- Contribute to overall marketing brainstorming, idea generation, and strategizing about business decisions, partnerships, and projectss.
- Collaborate with overall Marketing team and other teams as needed to support business and company goals.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years experience in the market research field
- Team management experience
- Experience leading media primary research such as episode testing, dial and theatre testing, concept testing, series maintenance
- Direct experience leading primary research studies across various methodologies: online quant surveys, focus groups, 1:1, ethnographies, online qual, mobile
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills to convey key insights to senior leaders
- Third party vendor/research partner management experience
- Experience with applied statistics, predictive analytics, and mixed methodology research
- Experience on the research vendor side or within the research group of a media company
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.