Finance Data Architect at MassMutual
We are looking for an experienced data architect who can map business requirements to scalable, extensible and accessible database design as part of our Cloud based data & analytics platform.
The data architect is an engineering role within the data management and architecture team of the CFO organization and is responsible for designing & deploying the underlying database structures. The data architect must bring a deep technical background, must be well-versed in Cloud (modern & full stack) technology, and should possess hands-on expertise in distributed-data-management technologies (Apache/open-source). The data architect’s primary responsibility is to create a cohesive, logical and physical data model that is extensible and scalable and that covers all of Corporate Finance data.
- Own the conceptual, logical and physical data model across all of CFO finance data
- Ensure the physical data model meets all the business requirements in supporting dashboards and reports and ad hoc analytics
- Ensure the physical data model is tuned for optimal performance throughput with respect to the underlying DBMS – preferably Vertica
- Ensure the integrity of the underlying data is maintained in terms of primary-keys, foreign-keys and unique-indices etc.
- Ensure appropriate best-practices database design for master data management & conforming dimensional data (Type 1,2,3,4) management
- Collaborate in delivering data-driven analytical solutions & timely insights via dashboards and reports to the CFO leadership team
- Publish domain specific data models across the user community
- Be a trusted database advisor for the CFO user community
- Collaborate with the leadership team to prioritize business use-cases and estimating duration and effort
- Follow agile development methodology to deliver timely solution
- Follow CICD (continuous-integration and deployment) pipeline to ensure seamless migration across development, QA and production environments
- Conduct periodic data model reviews covering data architecture, data load patterns and design
- Publish and communicate standards and technology evaluations
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10 years of experience in data-engineering and database design
- Hands-on experience in Cloud technology – AWS EMR, Spark, Python, Vertica preferred
- Hands-on experience for a minimum of 7 years with SQL
- Experienced in enabling and supporting data analysts in complex data science projects
- Deep proficiency in data modeling and data management principles – traditional RDBMS, MPP appliances, columnar repositories and distributed-data technologies
- Experienced in agile & waterfall project-management methodologies
- Prior experience in modeling Corporate Finance or Insurance data sets preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now and in the future.