Due Diligence Analyst at MassMutual
As a Due Diligence Analyst you will conduct initial and ongoing due diligence analysis of asset managers, investment opportunities, ad hoc and routine research on investment related topics. You will conduct the periodic delivery and review of aggregated information via data entry & automation (i.e. scorecards, performance reporting, due diligence summaries). You will manage or conduct both focused, short time horizon Due Diligence projects and projects, as well as, long time horizon projects that have broad impact across the company. As a Due Diligence Analyst you will manage Due Diligence / Vendor interactions, such as gathering information, coordinating communication, conducting and coordinating site visits. You will consult with other departments to help them understand how investment issues and due diligence findings impact their areas of concern. You will also drive process enhancements to optimize the value derived from due diligence processes.
The Due Diligence team is agile and works independently, yet collaboratively. Each member has a specialty that they bring to the group from past experiences with a shared focus upon risk assessment. Each member is cross trained on all risk items equally. Manager engagements are facilitated by two members; a lead and a co-lead and these roles will vary between engagements to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to lead. All members are held accountable and are encouraged to grow in the role via education and industry participation.
As a Due Diligence Analyst, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assessment of Investment Manager’s operational infrastructure and governance models
- Tracking progress and communication with Portfolio Management on pipeline of deal flow
- Record findings in written format, utilizing Salesforce, Microsoft products and other templates
- Present results to Portfolio Management and other stakeholders via committee meetings
- On-going monitoring and oversight of investment managers and external service providers
- Ensuring trade activity is communicated effectively and in a timely manner to the appropriate business areas
- Collaborating and communicating with stakeholders within Investment Management as well as with other cross-functional business partners
- Maintaining and improving standard work, policies/procedures and process workflows
- Ad-hoc projects such as Management fee reconciliations, technology enhancements and subject matter expert consultative role to alternate departments.
- Recommend process enhancements to optimize the due diligence program.
- Consult with other departments to help them understand how investment issues and due diligence findings impact their areas of concern.
- Participate in industry updates and program maintenance
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years working in the financial services sector with due diligence experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products (primarily Excel, PowerPoint, BI and Access)
- Position may require up to a 30% travel commitment on a rolling twelve month basis
The Ideal Qualifications
- Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products
- Audit, advisory, investment due diligence background
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independence and self-motivation, with the ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
- A sense of urgency, being able to prioritize / multi-task well
- Strong client focus and ability to partner with various internal groups and client coverage
- Risk and controls awareness
- Adaptability and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strategic Vision: Recognition of patterns and trends in data operations and identify opportunities for improving processes and systems
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Due Diligence Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical nosiness with industry leading pay and benefits
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve helped millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future.
Today, we continue to develop meaningful relationships with our customers by building their trust, being knowledge problem solvers and always prioritizing their needs. MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life.
MassMutual was recognized as an Ethisphere 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company, a Top Place to Work in 2019 according to The Boston Globe and named among America’s Best Employers for Diversity according to Forbes 2020. MassMutual ranks No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status