Director of Market Research at Klaviyo
As the Director of Market Research, you will have the experience of leading high impact market research studies, which will establish the foundation for Klaviyo’s strategic initiatives as well as guide operational marketing decisions. This role will report into the Head of Customer Research and Insights, who is responsible for driving strategic research initiatives across key functional areas (Strategy, Brand, Product Marketing) as well as geographies (US, EMEA, APJ). You will need prior experience managing quantatative and qualitative studies end to end, with a keen sense of how to use primary, secondary and big data analytics to make business decisions.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Develop integrated Klaviyo learning plan that answers questions from strategic planning group (CFO), product management (behavioral data), marketing and customer success
- Create relevant customer research insights: including customer segmentation, key persona development and NPS, and Brand Perception trackers
- Coordinate consumer, brand, media and marketing research (qualitative and quantitative) to uncover insights into who our customers are, their pain points, path to purchase and likely predictors of churn
- Create and evangelize the integrated view of key customer “Personas”
- Identify research needs in support of ongoing business planning and product planning and share findings to influence planning
- Actively conduct research as required to maintain current understanding of competitive products, sales tactics, target markets and market penetration, pricing, etc. Ensure information gathered is used to effectively influence product planning, business strategy, etc.
- Help secure approval for an annual market research plan in collaboration with marketing and business leaders to generate strategic insights.
- Assess marketing programs and contribute to continual improvements in effectiveness.
- Help select and manage outside vendors to ensure quality and adherence to timelines and budget.
- Provide periodic reports on progress towards the achievement of all program goals and the effectiveness and ROI of research/insights activities.
- Create and manage a team of 1 to 2 of market research specialists who will ensue flawless execution of ongoing studies, as well as broader organizational adoption of our insights
Who You Are
- A 4-year college degree; MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
- 8-15 years’ experience in primary and syndicated research, competitive intelligence
- Experience in both a b2b and b2c environment preferred
- Hands-on experience across an array of custom research methodologies
- Proficient in both qualitative and quantitative (A&Us, innovation, products development, segmentation, messaging, etc.)
- Proven experience with the entire research cycle: designing research plans, managing the process, budgeting, synthesizing findings/insights, etc.
- Comfort with ambiguity, entrepreneurial mindset and sense of urgency
- A knack for creative problem solving, coming up with strategic and sound methodologies, extracting actionable implications to distill throughout the business
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to partner with top-level executives
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.