Director of Data Science
We are hiring a Director of Data Science for our Personalization team in Boston, MA. This is a leadership position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of machine learning systems that power personalization. You bring experience spanning data science, software engineering and team leadership. This role offers a great opportunity for professional growth with the leading online pet retailer in the US. You will have a unique opportunity of providing pet parents with a personalized, easy and integrated experience on Chewy.com.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, develop and lead a team of data scientists.
- Drive decisions and work with multiple product teams to prioritize data science initiatives in the Personalization space.
- Drive development of data science practices across Chewy teams. Push adoption of emerging and relevant approaches to solve personalization problems.
- Work with colleagues in data science and engineering to drive best practices in development, testing, and production deployment at scale.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels across different functional teams.
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall Chewy objectives.
What You'll Need:
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field.
- Demonstrated history of leadership in managing high impact data science and engineering projects either in business or in academia.
- 8+ years of experience in managing and mentoring a team of data scientists, engineers and technical product managers.
- Proven experience with bringing structured thinking in ambiguous problems spaces and delivering solutions.
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]