Data Warehouse Manager at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:58 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
Do complex data ingestion challenges interest you? What about building data warehousing solutions to help our company scale as we ingest data from hundreds of various sources (and growing) as we continue to accelerate our brand acquisition? The Data Warehouse Team at Thrasio is responsible for all aspects of data integration and warehouse engineering, including the design, development, maintenance, and administration of our rapidly scaling data warehouse! We’re looking for an Administration and Tooling Manager who will be responsible for leading a team to create, manage, and secure tools designed to help teams use our data warehouse effectively! As a part of this role, you will also be responsible for developing and implementing an enterprise grade DR plan for Thrasio as we continue to rapidly grow, and make sure we have the right observability measures in place.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead, mentor, and hire a team of DBA’s, Data Engineers and Software Engineers to build out scalable data warehouse tools for Thrasio.
- Provide data warehouse deliverables, such as capacity planning, external data interface specifications, data loading plans, data maintenance plans, and security policies.
- Remain up to date with key technology, security, and administration best practices.
- Design, implement, and test an Enterprise grade DR plan for the data warehouse.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure we are cost-efficient, while providing a great experience with the data warehouse.
- Create tools and applications to ensure the data warehouse secure, auditable, and reliable
- Ensure the data warehouse is monitored, observable and that we have proper alerting on outages and increased errors
- Ensure team structure allows for 24x7x365 support for potential warehouse issues and outages.
What You'll Bring To The Party:
- 5+ years of technology leadership experience and experience in managing data warehouse teams.
- Strong understanding of Data Warehouse administration, strong preference for Snowflake administration
- Experience leading and mentoring software engineers through establishing best engineering practices, Python code reviews, and influencing architectural decisions.
- Experience with securing data warehouses and/or databases.
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skillsIntellectually curious, entrepreneurial, and strong work ethic; passionate about building teams, and creating reliable, secure, and performant data warehouses.
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Attentive to detail with strong quality control
- Experience in migrating data warehouses from Redshift to Snowflake a plus
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.