Data Scientist (Growth Marketing) at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is growing fast and we have openings for all skill levels across all of our teams. Learn more about our engineering culture at https://klaviyo.tech and listen to our data science team podcast at https://medium.com/klaviyo-data-science
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to partner with our Growth Marketing department.
The ideal candidate has a background in data science, statistics and machine learning and has worked closely with stakeholders to solve business problems, especially in marketing.
How you will make a difference:
- Define strategies and tactics to improve marketing effectiveness. Drive insights and recommendations to optimize marketing efforts.
- Partner with our growth marketing team on experiments to improve user monetization, activation and retention. This includes user segmentation and scoring to recommend future strategy.
- Build data science models that provide insights into prospect and customer behavior.
- Partner with our growth marketing team to build a data-driven performance marketing function.
- Extract insights about our customers and business from many data sources.
Who you are:
- Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, operations research, or other relevant quantitative discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- Have worked in a data science role for 3+ years professionally or academically (at least half in industry) and can talk about your projects and the techniques you used.
- Have a strong fundamental understanding of and deep experience with at least a few machine learning algorithms (e.g. regressions, decision trees, k-means clustering, neural networks).
- Have worked on data science problems in the marketing domain.
- Capable of analyzing data and making rigorous statements about what can or cannot be concluded.
- Know how to code and have used data science tools and packages.
- Great communicator. Good at listening and asking questions to understand needs and good at presenting approaches and results to non-data science audiences.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.