Imagine working on cutting-edge machine learning technologies that fix problems at the intersection of healthcare and technology - that's exactly what you'll be doing at Wellframe!
We use large, multi-source datasets like medical claims, mobile app data and care management data to help us solve real world challenges. We are looking for an experienced, hands on, data science manager who can support and mentor our data science team as they deliver our product roadmap
This role requires a deep understanding of mathematical and statistical tools, in addition to expertise in data analysis, to ensure that the team thrives.
You will be helping us with:
Supervising the delivery of data science roadmap
- Acting as a scrum master.
- Working with data science leadership and business owners to plan and schedule work.
- Removing any blockers that are impeding our data scientists from delivering features on time.
- Identifying and removing areas of strategic technical debt.
Contributing to data tasks
- Performing ad-hoc data analysis.
- Building descriptive and predictive models
Mentoring and developing our data scientists
- Working closely with data scientists to tailor a career growth plan, providing mentorship and feedback to help them achieve their goals.
Leading recruiting efforts
- Helping to grow our team of data scientists.
Our perfect candidate will have:
- A degree in Math, Computer Science, Physics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or closely related quantitative field of study.
- At least 2 years of experience mentoring and leading data scientists.
- At least 5 years of data science experience.
- A deep understanding of machine learning fundamentals: multivariable calculus, linear algebra, optimization, probability, and statistics.
- Proficiency in data visualization libraries (Ex: D3, ggplot, matplotlib).
- Proficiency in using SQL.
- Proficiency in Python, R or both.
- Up-to-date knowledge of innovations in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone can’t help us achieve this ambition. That’s why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.