Data Privacy and Governance Lead
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal candidate is motivated by enabling business innovation, agility and growth at scale; demonstrates leadership and vision for enterprise data governance policy and controls in the financial industry; and contributes enterprise data architecture and DevOps delivery expertise.
Data, analytics and algorithmic decision making are at the core of MassMutual’s digital evolution. In this role you will be accountable for envisioning and leading an enterprise program that holistically addresses data governance and consumer privacy rights. This leader will partner with other leaders and colleagues across the firm to promote data governance principles, define and monitor policies, implement systems and processes to democratize and maximize the value of the firm’s strategic data assets, and exceed consumers’ privacy rights expectations.Objectives of the role
- Establish a vision and roadmap to deliver enterprise data governance and consumer privacy rights.
- Guide delivery of a principles-driven, adaptive policy framework to inventory, assess, organize, measure, and track MassMutual’s data across the enterprise.
- Champion adoption of the self-serve framework and operating model to enable confident innovation.
- Democratize and maximize the value of MassMutual’s data and analytics assets across all business channels.
- Achieve industry-leading consumer trust, loyalty and NPS with superior consumer privacy rights, and maintain MassMutual’s support for the California Consumers Privacy Act.
- Identify trends and facilitate strategies for evolutions in the regulatory environment, competitive landscape, and consumer expectations.
- Maintain a strategic roadmap for the data governance and privacy program.
- Partner with other leaders including legal, compliance, enterprise risk, information security, and LOB data stewards to craft and maintain data governance and privacy policies.
- Establish quantitative measures of policy compliance including data measures such as quality, ethics, veracity, and lineage.
- Collaborate with various departments throughout the organization to establish governed DevOps at scale with automated processes for streaming governance evidence, computing measures of progress, and monitoring results/trends.
- Contribute enterprise data modeling (party, product, agreement, event) and solution architectures that maximize data and analytics as strategic assets.
- Deliver and maintain an enterprise-wide, metadata catalog that accurately characterizes the firm’s data sources through time to enhance the organization’s ability to leverage data across channels and business use cases.
- Continuous improvement of data lineage and privacy capabilities for consumer information. Regular privacy impact assessments.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on emerging practices for improving data privacy, ethics and governance practices.