Data Privacy and Governance Lead
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Data Science Team, part of Enterprise Technology and Experience, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward.
To continue our cutting-edge work, we are hiring a Data Privacy and Governance Lead to join our Team.What great looks like in this role
Our ideal candidate is motivated by enabling business innovation, agility and growth at scale; demonstrates leadership and vision for enterprise data governance policy and controls in the financial industry; and contributes enterprise data architecture and DevOps delivery expertise.
Data, analytics and algorithmic decision making are at the core of MassMutual’s digital evolution. In this role you will be accountable for envisioning and leading an enterprise program that holistically addresses data governance and consumer privacy rights. This leader will partner with other leaders and colleagues across the firm to promote data governance principles, define and monitor policies, implement systems and processes to democratize and maximize the value of the firm’s strategic data assets, and exceed consumers’ privacy rights expectorations.Objectives of the role
- Establish a vision and roadmap to deliver enterprise data governance and consumer privacy rights.
- Deliver a principles-driven, adaptive policy framework to inventory, assess, organize, measure, and track MassMutual’s data across the enterprise.
- Champion adoption of the self-serve framework and operating model to enable confident innovation.
- Democratize and maximize the value of MassMutual’s data and analytics assets across all business channels.
- Achieve industry-leading consumer trust, loyalty and NPS with superior consumer privacy rights, and maintain MassMutual’s support for the California Consumers Privacy Act.
- Identify trends and facilitate strategies for evolutions in the regulatory environment, competitive landscape, and consumer expectations.
- Maintain a strategic roadmap for the data governance and privacy program.
- Partner with other leaders including legal, compliance, enterprise risk, information security, and LOB data stewards to craft and maintain data governance and privacy policies.
- Establish quantitative measures of policy compliance including data measures such as quality, ethics, veracity, and lineage.
- Collaborate with various departments throughout the organization to establish governed DevOps at scale with automated processes for streaming governance evidence, computing measures of progress, and monitoring results/trends.
- Contribute enterprise data modeling (party, product, agreement, event) and solution architectures that maximize data and analytics as strategic assets.
- Deliver and maintain an enterprise-wide, metadata catalog that accurately characterizes the firm’s data sources through time to enhance the organization’s ability to leverage data across channels and business use cases.
- Continuous improvement of data lineage and privacy capabilities for consumer information. Regular privacy impact assessments.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on emerging practices for improving data privacy, ethics and governance practices.
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Extensive experience establishing and executing complex, strategic, cross-functional enterprise programs.
Experience implementing and managing enterprise programs around data management and governance in highly regulated industries.
Knowledge of databases, data models, data management, and data quality best practices.
Experience creating KPIs and using them to manage execution and inform strategy.
Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
Able to work independently.
Exceptional influencing abilities across all levels of the organization.
Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship.
Advanced degree preferred (M.S., M.B.A., and J.D.).
Financial services knowledge, including core products, business processes and participants.
Knowledge of methods in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Expertise with the following are considered a strong plus: software development/DevOps, financial industry regulations, GDPR, privacy impact assessments, vendor management, and agile methodologies.
Work in Boston Office.
Some travel to Springfield, Amherst and New York.