Data Governance Consultant
What your days and weeks will include.
- Establish and roll-out organizational data decision making processes and facilitate roll-out and continued support of these processes
- Establish standards and guidelines in support of data management processes for monitoring and improving data quality, metadata management and master/reference data management
- Communicate standards/guidelines and implement necessary training for end-to-end governance of data and meeting our data governance objectives
- Establish metrics and monitor performance of data management processes over time against defined objectives
- Develop Data Quality Dashboards and Data Quality Improvement life cycle, establishing data quality SLA
- Perform root cause analysis of data discrepancies across disparate architectural layers of distributed IT solutions and develop action plans to resolve issues
- Track and measure wins including ROI of quarterly Data Quality results and value delivered
- Identify and define cross applications logic to ensure that data anomalies are detected and contained within thresholds
- Research available data quality technologies and solutions, determine suitability and provide guidance on the best solution that meets the strategic direction of the organization
- Own the support for the day-day execution of the Data Quality solutions as well as anticipate new issues and functionalities. Work to understand Data Quality agenda across Finance and its upstream data providers
- Provide consistent communications to the stakeholder community on Data Quality to ensure transparency on new features, existing challenges, and use case successes
- Identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate it in data standards and processes
- Review projects involving upstream and downstream data flows and processes to ensure alignment with data governance policies and standards
The skills that make you a great fit.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or Business, or MIS or related discipline
- 7+ years of data management experience including monitoring and improving data quality, metadata management and master/reference data management
- Experienced in managing/monitoring data platforms with data driven objectives
- Experience with data discovery, profiling, cleansing and standardization, data quality rules management, developing reusable data quality validation, data quality monitoring and reporting
- Experience with Enterprise Data Quality tools (including Informatica IDQ, Trillium, Talend, IBM Infosphere, Infogix, or others
- Strong leadership and organizational awareness with ability to facilitate and resolve conflicts
- Strong written and oral communication skills to motivate and influence staff and customers
- Strong understanding of data management concepts, principles and practices
- Strong understanding of data modeling concepts, data taxonomy, and a deep appreciation of data standards and data quality
- Masters Degree in Computer Science/Business/MIS or related
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities
- Hands-on data analysis of databases and files using SQL and programming languages such as Python etc.
- A mastery of techniques on how data quality should be measured
- Experience in Financial Service industry
- MA/MS in Computer Science/Business/MIS
- Experience working with BCBS 329 Principles is a plus
Why Join Us.
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Does this sound like a great fit? Apply today!