Data Engineer at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:04 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, October 28, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
Veeva is looking for Data Engineers to build new cloud based Analytic solutions for the Life Sciences industry. Veeva analytic solutions utilize multiple data pipeline, streaming and ETL technologies to model data applications, and integrate reporting interfaces. If you are a “Data Person”, strong relational + Big Data skills, analytic data modeling, SQL, Python, EMR, S3, Kafka, Arrow, Flight, you’ll love this gig – and we’d love to talk with you.
This is a great opportunity to join our innovative team of Big Data, Data Warehousing, Redshift, Product Development, Data Science, Life Science experts to deliver pre-packaged analytics solutions with our Life Sciences applications. If you play well on smart teams, want to develop innovative products, and are looking for an opportunity to work with a fast-growing company, we should talk.
What You’ll Do
- Design / Develop new data applications, data models, loading techniques, collection models, scripts
- Work closely with Product Manager, Industry Subject Matter experts to design data applications, models, and transformations
- Develop reports + dashboards using Superset / Tableau / similar tools
- Data modeling of normalized operational data stores + denormalized reporting models
- Fast pace, test driven environment
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- 3+ years experience in SQL Oriented Data Engineer role, demonstrating strong SQL expertise.
- Experience Data Modelling Entity Relationship Diagrams, LDMs, PDMs, Normalized vs Denormalized Data Model design, Star Schemas
- Experience script data transformation via Python / Bash scripts
- Comfort designing reports and dashboards with Superset / Tableau / similar tools
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with MPP databases (Redshift, Teradata, Greenplum, Vertica), optimization, and data modeling techniques
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]