Data Engineer at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a highly motivated, independent, and dedicated Data Engineer to join our to join our exciting and fast-paced team in Fraud Detection & Prevention based in Boston, MA.
We’re looking for a strong engineer with a proven track record of building complex Data pipeline from ground up.
What you'll do:
Design and build Data Integration pipeline and platform, analytic solutions for Transactional system that enable Fraud Detection platform to analyze, prevent and add business value.
This data integration solutions would be expected to process large volume transactions in real time and in batch using opensource or cloud technologies.
- Working with multiple data storage system, leverage data to design and implement pipeline for Trust & Safety.
- Identify optimal solutions to efficiently scale the data flow agnostic of on-prem or cloud.
- dentify critical KPIs to measure vendor performance and develop programs targeting improvement of those KPIs
- Collaborate and work closely with both application engineer and data scientist on both functional and technical front.
What you'll need:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Information Technology
- 3 – 5 years of experience working with data warehouses (Vertica and Hadoop preferred)
- 5 – 10 years of experience writing software in any of the following programming language (Java, Python, or Scala)
- Experience in data warehouse design and data integration methodologies
- Experience performing analytics to solve complex business problems
- 3 to 5 years of experience integrating data between operational databases, Datawarehouse using data integration tools.
- Expert level knowledge of data integration and familiarity with common data integration challenges like converting data types, handling errors, and translating between different technology stacks
- SQL expertise and the ability to work with many different database types including Postgres, SQL Server, Snowflakes and others as required
- Able to work independently, own the requirements and deliverables, and produce an EDI solution end to end successfully
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being accountable for work products
- Experience designing analytic solutions in Vertica, Snowflake
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem
- Experience in reporting tool
- Experience in ecommerce or large volume transactional systems
- Experience with statistical methods and data science
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com