Data Engineer at Drift
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team:
At Drift we are customer centric to our core. Fun fact, our logo is a group of people surrounding a customer. We believe in doing things that don’t scale and strive to provide an experience that is unparalleled in B2B SaaS each and every day.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop, and support our Data infrastructure utilizing various technologies to process terabytes of data, including Spark, SQL, Python, Microsoft Azure, and AWS.
- Create solutions to enable diagnostic and predictive analytics capabilities.
- Partner with Analytics, Marketing, and Finance organizations to get feedback and iterate upon the Data Ecosystem development
- Develop components and distributed ETL systems for our suite of large data platforms
- Be curious about trends and emerging technologies in the Data space, participate in user communities, and share what you learn with your teammates
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Familiarity with developing data processing solutions and data applications utilizing technologies like Python, Java, SQL and ingestion engines like Spark.
- Knowledge of Data Orchestration/ETL tools such as Airflow, Luigi, Matillion.
- Experience working in Snowflake, Redshift or noSQL databases.
- Experience working with all kinds of data-- clean, dirty, unstructured, semi-structured and relational
- Problem-solving and multitasking ability in a fast-paced, globally distributed environment
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work with business partners to understand and refine requirements
- Experience with developing end-to-end data pipelines in large cloud-compute infrastructure solutions such as Azure, AWS and Google is a plus
- Minimum of 1-2 years working directly on Big Data technologies preferred
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]