We are looking for an experienced data architect who can map business requirements to scalable, extensible and accessible database design as part of our Cloud based data & analytics platform.
The data architect is an engineering role within the data management and architecture team of the CFO organization and is responsible for designing & deploying the underlying database structures. The data architect must bring a deep technical background, must be well-versed in Cloud (modern & full stack) technology, and should possess hands-on expertise in distributed-data-management technologies (Apache/open-source). The data architect’s primary responsibility is to create a cohesive, logical and physical data model that is extensible and scalable and that covers all of Corporate Finance data.
- Own the conceptual, logical and physical data model across all of CFO finance data
- Ensure the physical data model meets all the business requirements in supporting dashboards and reports and ad hoc analytics
- Ensure the physical data model is tuned for optimal performance throughput with respect to the underlying DBMS – preferably Vertica
- Ensure the integrity of the underlying data is maintained in terms of primary-keys, foreign-keys and unique-indices etc.
- Ensure appropriate best-practices database design for master data management & conforming dimensional data (Type 1,2,3,4) management
- Collaborate in delivering data-driven analytical solutions & timely insights via dashboards and reports to the CFO leadership team
- Publish domain specific data models across the user community
- Be a trusted database advisor for the CFO user community
- Collaborate with the leadership team to prioritize business use-cases and estimating duration and effort
- Follow agile development methodology to deliver timely solution
- Follow CICD (continuous-integration and deployment) pipeline to ensure seamless migration across development, QA and production environments
- Conduct periodic data model reviews covering data architecture, data load patterns and design
- Publish and communicate standards and technology evaluations
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10 years of experience in data-engineering and database design
- Hands-on experience in Cloud technology – AWS EMR, Spark, Python, Vertica preferred
- Hands-on experience for a minimum of 7 years with SQL
- Experienced in enabling and supporting data analysts in complex data science projects
- Deep proficiency in data modeling and data management principles – traditional RDBMS, MPP appliances, columnar repositories and distributed-data technologies
- Experienced in agile & waterfall project-management methodologies
- Prior experience in modeling Corporate Finance or Insurance data sets preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now and in the future.