Data and Analytics Solutions Architect at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings!
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Data and information are the new currency and at Perficient and our Data Solutions growing! The Data Solutions Team has an opening for a Senior Solution Architect - Data Architecture that can provide strategic implementation services to our clients. In this role you will have the opportunity architect, design, and lead projects which provide market leading data and analytic solutions. These solutions typically involve developing AI-infused streaming solutions, migrating clients to cloud-based data lakes and warehouses, and formulating lean/agile data governance initiatives.
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects. You will assist in defining scope and sizing of work, and anchor implementation of large-scale data and analytics projects. You will provide the initial assessment, roadmap, and solution architecture for the You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs. The Senior Solutions Architect may or may not have a programming background, but will have expert knowledge in data architecture, modern data solutions, client presales / presentation, team management and thought leadership.
You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. This role is considered part of the Data Solutions Leadership team and may mentor junior architects and other delivery team members.
If you are prepared to take your Consulting career to the next level, then Perficient’s Data Solution Team is the place for you!
As a Senior Solutions Architect in our Data Solutions practice, you will participate in all aspects of the Data Platform lifecycle including data strategy assessments, platform and vendor comparisons, data governance framework development, data driven storytelling, and solution architecture development. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects, analysts, business users, and developers on building a data strategy that will support short-term and long-term goals.
- Own and aggressively drive forward data and analytics technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for modern data solutions.
- Lead implementation projects which includes working with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features
- Lead in-depth product selection engagement for data and analytics related technologies. (e.g., PaaS, Database, SaaS, ETL, Data Quality, BI)
- Compares and contrasts solutions types (e.g. NoSQL vs. Relational or Data Lake vs. Data Warehouse).
- Define key business drivers for the platform initiative for the client
- Define Data Flow Diagrams for end to end systems at an enterprise level
- Be able to articulate the advantages and disadvantages of event based streaming, and traditional batch architectural patterns
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Define the overall data architecture (e.g., ETL process, ODS, EDW, Data Marts Big Data) and integrate Data Quality and Data Governance activities/solutions in the overall
- Develop and define design patterns for data integration and data modeling.
- Able to specify and oversee the integration of CI/CD and Dev/Ops concepts into data projects.
- Drives data platform and capability incubation delivery that support strategic platform initiative
- Understands and articulates people, process, technology, and data capabilities for an end to end data platform capability and define a roadmap
- Proficient understanding of diverse application development practices; with deep knowledge of applying agile concepts to the delivery of data and analytics projects.
- 10 Plus years experience in enteprise level data architecture and data strategy.
- Leadership role in 3 or more project implementations that exploit the full capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimize) of data management platform architecture, usage, analytics, including AWS, Azure, or GCP platforms
- In-Depth knowlege of Master Data Management tools and solutions
- Recent experience in a digital transformation project and able to articulate the value of information in that context
- Must have experience delivering assessments to data leaders and executives.
- Must ability to develop in-depth solution architecture
- Most recent experience in understanding and building Data strategy with strong data management skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization especially with executives.
- At least 15 years of experience in strategy and management consulting, enterprise and solutions architecture and data project implementation
- At least 5+ years of most recent experience leading successful implementations of big data, data warehousing, master data management, analytics, data marts and dimensional models as well as a broad background and experience with data modeling, and ETL development
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point
- Experience in complete project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes (possible LinkedIn references)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience in leading successful enterprise data management teams
- Strong data modeling skills (normalized and multidimensional)
- Current knowledge of the EIM market; vendors, and standards bodies [DAMA, Kimball Institute…]
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.