Data Analyst at MassMutual
Boston or Springfield, MA
ETX In-force Services
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Data Analyst to join our ETX In-force Services team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Data Analyst you’ll have an opportunity to influence organizational strategy through automated reporting, real-time analytics, and ad-hoc analysis. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Objectives of this role – What success looks like:
- Our ideal candidate will leverage data to conduct analysis to generate insights into business problems in collaboration with a small development team.
- Possess ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Be an active/contributing member of the team, demonstrating an ability to think thru problems analytically and to solve problems with data.
Daily and monthly responsibilities – What your days and weeks will include:
- Provide ongoing analytic support to the project team.
- Responsible for addressing data requests from the team lead and delivery lead
- Interpret different problems from a data stand-points, such as customer data, transactional data (payment issues, change of address updates, etc).
- Retrieve and manipulate data.
- Transformation of raw data into information which will enable data driven business decisions
- Participate in determination of stakeholder needs and ensure business value is realized.
- Maintain a working knowledge of data analysis and reporting best practices
- Formulate and present analysis findings to stakeholders
Required skills and qualifications – The qualifications that are needed for this role:
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now, and in the future.
- 8 or more years of experience
- Demonstrated experience with conducting ad-hoc data analysis
- Demonstrated experience with one of the following: Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, or similar
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL
- Ability to collaborate with technical and business resources
Preferred qualifications – Additional skills that make you a great fit:
- Insurance/Financial industry background
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills
- Experience with statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python)
- Experience designing and implementing automated ETL processes desired
- Basic knowledge of big data platforms (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark etc.) preferred.