Competitive Intelligence Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Toast Market Insights and Pricing team is responsible for understanding the restaurant market and competitive landscape and bringing to life the value, differentiation and proof points of our offering. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial exposure to many different departments and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a growing startup.
In this role, you will become the expert on the POS technology landscape and our competition. You will be responsible for conducting first hand competitive research and analysis to enable the sales team to be fluent in key competitive moves as well as gather insights that inform key strategic decision making. The ideal candidate can thrive in a rapidly changing environment and has experience uncovering market insights.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Conduct research and analysis on our competitors’ product and Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy to influence strategic decisions across product, product marketing, sales and more
- Develop a deep understanding of our competitors - tear down public statements and financials, do interviews, and get the on-the-ground truth
- Leverage competitive intelligence insights to build assets for sales reps (i.e. battlecards) and lead sales training
- Partner with the Director of Market Insights and Senior Manager of Competitive Intelligence to establish regular reporting cadence on latest competitive developments, insights and recommendations to leadership
- Develop and manage an up to date fact base of the competitive landscape
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience in a diverse environment that can span product marketing, product management, operational roles, strategy consulting or investment banking
- Highly collaborative mindset; experience working cross-functionally to drive results
- Strong writer, presenter, and verbal communicator; ability to build strong, compelling storylines and recommendations that are deeply evidenced in both quantitative and qualitative research to move leadership to action
Special Sauce (Nice to haves)
- Familiarity with Crayon, Salesforce, Looker and SQL a plus
- Interest and passion for restaurants, tech and hospitality
*Bread puns encouraged but not required