Carbon Policy Analyst - Temporary at Indigo
We’re an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
The role of Indigo Carbon is to facilitate removing carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases from the atmosphere through helping farmers transition to “regenerative” practices, which have been shown to draw carbon from the air into the soil as well as reduce emissions equally impactful greenhouse gases like methane and nitrous oxide.
Applying this globally at scale is by some margin the single most powerful decarbonization mechanism currently known.
As a Temporary Carbon Policy Analyst for Indigo’s Carbon Policy team, you will support our policy and strategic partnerships work as we innovate for the future.
- Contribute to the development of our high-impact policy brief series and publications focused on high-priority topics in the carbon market, climate research, and policy space
- Ability to assess the literature to collect, interpret, and translate data for various stakeholders (legislators, business professionals, growers, etc.)
- Attend, contribute, and provide reports from external working groups for our internal team
- Attend high-value external meetings, hearings
- Identify ecosystem content for the policy and science hub on the Indigo website
- Work collaboratively with diverse internal including Offer Management, Market Development, Government Affairs, Carbon Quantification, Marketing, and Legal teams
- Seek and integrate input from aligned external stakeholders
- Monitoring inbound policy and government leads for internal dissemination
- Tasks may include congressional hearing and briefing coverage, policy research, drafting materials for internal and/or advocacy use, and other activities required to help maintain the efficient day-to-day operations of an active government relations shop.
- Writing, editing, placing, and promoting outreach materials including news releases, statements, opinion editorials, blogs, fact sheets, webpages, and social media under deadline pressure.
The role will report to the Senior Director, Carbon Policy & Compliance, with a term of six (6) months to begin in October 2021 and run through March 2022. Transition to a full-time position is possible, but not guaranteed.
- Bachelors or Masters or in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Academic and/or professional experience in policy, climate, sustainability, or science communications
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with little oversight
- Excellent writing skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated time management skills with an ability to work on diverse content areas and subject matter concurrently
- Experience in a dynamic startup environment is desired
- Experience with agriculture data is a big plus
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.