Carbon Data Collection QC – Temporary
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
Data Collection QC - Temp will ensure that data collected by the Data Carbon team is within acceptable limits of ranges and will verify source data’s validity. This role requires knowledge of specific agronomic practices as well as the technical skills necessary to follow up to verify practices.
- Understand the quality control process fully
- Familiarity with the Carbon Grower Survey questions and qualifying practice changes
- Responsible for hitting KPI metrics for number of fields/values checked a week
- Gain understanding of different types of agronomic events including harvest, planting, and application
- Knowledge of different evidence sources (JD, Climate, Granular, FieldCarbon, etc)
- Ability to understand, translate, and map agronomic evidence into organized data
- Ability to communicate with the field team over questions about data
- Ability to use all tools used in Quality Control data collection
- Understand the data collection process thoroughly enough to be able to train and onboard new team members
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate data collection process with data science teams and other functional groups across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to present and train in real-world situations while demonstrating hands-on application of data collection software and hardware.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot; easily adapts to new types of problems and questions; sees each problem as an opportunity and approaches them with excitement to solve; while not getting frustrated along the way. Sticks with a problem until a solution has been found. Has a systematic and process-based approach to problem solving.
- Multi-tasker, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Computer, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus and sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Adapts and thrives in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Ability and eagerness to learn new skills
- Comfortable working with and correcting massive datasets
- Ability to achieve goals set by the team leader
- Ability to adapt to new projects and processes
- Hands-on experience with agriculture required
- Technology or environmental science experience a plus
- Some technical experience with agronomic/farming practices required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- GIS or FMIS experience preferred
- Ability to work remote within the United States