Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As the Business Intelligence Manager, you are interested in streamlining data collection and analysis practices, identifying key conclusions, and conveying those themes to Sales and Executive Leadership. You’ll lead a team and work collaboratively with a cross-functional group of analysts across the company to elevate the data and insights that will ultimately contribute to maximizing revenue and increasing sales efficiency. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside leadership teams in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and Product.
This role requires a balanced focus on growth, innovation, operations and process improvement, with a unique focus on data analytics. If you are a Business Intelligence professional with an analytical mindset, a love of solving data problems and learning new things, and want to make an immediate and lasting impact in a market-leading software company, we’d love to meet you.
What You'll Do:
- Support internal business leaders with weekly, monthly and quarterly operational metrics and financial reporting packages
- Build and maintain the distribution of self-service data reporting for the organization with a focus on accessibility, automation, accuracy, and adherence to reporting definitions and parameters
- Demonstrate mastery knowledge in data intricacies, but translate the critical considerations to Executive audiences concisely through different communication platforms (verbal, PowerPoint, memos)
- Collaborate and set clear expectations with stakeholders and with the development team on development priorities and issues
- Identify thoughtful questions and recommendations to challenge and evolve strategy that is supported with data
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop business cases and evangelize the Business Intelligence mission to influence decision making with supporting analysis.
- Facilitate collaboration of analysts teams to ensure Business Intelligence governance and alignment, measuring impact and ROE on all requests to determine prioritization
Who You Are:
- 5+ years in a business intelligence / data governance role
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory capacity, preferably within business intelligence, data analysis, FP&A, or Sales operations
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Experience in creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to support decisions
- Preferred competency in designing and executing SQL queries
- Preferred competency in Salesforce, Excel, NetSuite, Zuora, Looker, and other analytical tools
- Deep understanding of KPIs, sales metrics, or business case development
- Relentlessly focused on incremental delivery, which is a staple of CarGurus culture
- Enthusiastic about developing a career in a growing technology company
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS preferred
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.