Business Intelligence Engineer at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Data is at the heart of every decision made at Klaviyo, and we’re looking for a Business Intelligence Data Engineer to join our Business Intelligence (BI) team. BI at Klaviyo collaborates across all departments to provide solutions for our data, analytic, and reporting needs. You will play an essential role in creating and maintaining the data infrastructure that powers Klaviyo’s business. Responsibilities include maintaining databases, coding ETL’s, and developing data models used across the company.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Develop and maintain the “source of truth” data environment used by everyone at Klaviyo.
- Work with petabyte scale databases optimized for business analytics.
- Build and manage large, real time data pipelines with monitoring and proactive alerting.
- Extract and maintain 3rd party market data using API calls.
- Develop data models that power predictive recommendations, marketing attribution, and financial forecasts to support the decision-making within the organization.
- Collaborate on a regular basis with the following teams at Klaviyo: Engineering, Customer Success, Support, Product, Sales, and Marketing.
- Work with a team of data engineers and analysts to build a world-class data environment.
Who You Are
You are a creator at heart who understands the importance of a well-designed data environment. You have a deep understanding of business problems within the company and how to create, transform, and store the data needed to solve these problems. You are a systematic thinker and enjoy finding creative technical solutions to hard problems by collaborating closely with your team. You are curious and constantly seeking the best solutions to what makes a business/operation successful and want to contribute to that success.
- 2+ years of data or software engineering experience, including expertise in SQL and object-oriented programming languages (Python, Java, or C++)
- Experience in database design, 3NF, denormalization, or star schema.
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Snowflake, Redshift, Oracle, Hadoop, Kafka)
- Familiarity in managing the deployment of new tools and technologies
- Familiarity with ETL flows/tools (Airflow, DBT, Stitch, Fivetran, HEVO, etc.)
- Comfortable with massive amounts of semi-structured data
- Has knowledge of data engineering best practices (data discovery, data documentation, infrastructure development/deployment, and information security)
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering, math, or data science preferred
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.