Business Intelligence Engineer 2 at Humana Studio_h
Humana is in need of a strong Business Intelligence Engineer 2 that enjoys solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight for key business decision mainly regarding health insurance claims. This position will be part of a dynamic and exciting new quality and controls department focused on reducing rework in the provider contract load area. This team will utilize data to drive process improvements, root cause analysis, and issues resolution. The team will focus on understanding processes such as IPAR submission and processes related to contract load and the impact of those processes to claims rework.
- Primary responsibility will be to assist with the IPAR submissions as well as automating the IPAR process.
- Will manage the processing and submission of roughly 2,500 process request monthly through automated systems
- Work closely with internal teams daily addressing questions and issues regarding claims in the IPAR process
- Additionally, this role will work on actionable reports to be used by managers to timely identify issues with the load that may cause re-work.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ year of technical experience within data analysis
- 1+ year of experience utilizing SQL, Access or other data systems
- 1+ year of experience in assessing complex data sets and performing root cause analysis
- Only persons with authorization to work permanently in the U.S. need apply. EEO
Work at Home/Remote Requirements
- Must ensure designated work area is free from distractions during work hours and virtual meetings
- Must provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a workspace (Satellite and Hotspots are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) for optimal performance of is required
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- In-depth experience in Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivots, charts, graphs, etc.
- Experience with data mining and predictive modeling techniques
- Ability to use data to drive business outcomes and decisions