Business Intelligence Analyst
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is seeking students graduating in spring of 2020 with a strong academic background and interest in data analytics to join the Business Intelligence function under FP&A. Business Intelligence at CarGurus is responsible for the analytical rigor behind reporting, forecasting, and financial modeling. The ideal candidate should have coursework and/or work experience in quantitative fields but all applicants with strong critical thinking skills are encouraged to apply.
Primary day-to-day responsibilities will require digging into data and executing analyses that support decisions that are immediately impactful. This role requires a balanced focus on growth, innovation, operations and process improvement with a unique focus on data analytics. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, curiosity, an interest in solving data problems, and the ability to translate data insights into proposed clear, logical and motivating actions.
What You'll Do:
- Support internal business leaders with weekly, monthly and quarterly operational and financial reporting
- Identify and analyze trends to highlight problems to address or opportunities to pursue
- Analyze existing and potential market opportunity to enable decisions on sales strategy
- Analyze the company’s financial performance
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams on data integrity and process improvements
Who You Are:
- Graduating in Spring of 2020
- Quantitative major/minor or other coursework with foundation in critical thinking (e.g. Economics, Philosophy)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Interest in learning business processes and solving complex problem
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environment with strong interpersonal skills
- Exposure to programming languages is a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.