Business Analytics Consultant
The Corporate Finance Organization began a transformation journey in 2017 to achieve our CFO’s vision for the organization and data analytics is central to that strategy.
We seek an exceptional business analytics consultant to join our team. This role is ideal for a business professional looking to expand their data management and technical skills or an experienced business data analyst or data scientist looking to develop and enhance their business acumen.
In this role, you’ll solve business problems by reducing process complexity and designing and delivering analytics solutions. You’ll use current and new technology and experiment with new approaches.
You’ll join a team of innovative, collaborative, and resourceful people who think differently, think big, and persevere from concept to delivery.
Key role responsibilities
- Partner with Corporate Finance and business unit functions to solve critical business problems using data analytics and visualization tools in domains such as:
- Capital and investment attribution and performance
- Sales and profit analytics
- Identify high value use cases and pragmatic approaches to generate finance analytics. Then, lead analysis of business processes, procedures, data and rules to determine the feasibility of new use cases and capabilities in current environment
- Rapidly prototype to evaluate designs and ensure fit with objectives
- Synthesize business requirements from end users and data system owners
- Design user acceptance testing and defect management process to ensure launch readiness
- Manage hand-offs of completed work to operational finance and IT teams
- Extract and analyze data from disparate sources based on ad-hoc user requests
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 or more years of experience with finance concepts including sales, expense, and income reporting.
- Experience designing, implementing, or using financial analytics solutions
- Experience developing in SQL
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- Experience developing solutions in the financial services industry
- Experience delivering complex projects using effective planning, pragmatic approaches, and collaboration
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity and formulate innovative and practical next steps
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with assembling data sets from disparate sources and querying data using SQL
- Familiarity with self-service data preparation tools, such as Alteryx and Trifacta
- Experience using business intelligence and data visualization tools, such as Tableau and MicroStrategy
- Experience with data analysis using R or Python (numpy, spark mllib, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.) programming languages
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter