Blockchain Data Analyst at Cogo Labs (Cambridge, MA)
At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch.
We're not venture capitalists we're a collaborative team of engineers, analysts, and entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectual curiosity to create successful businesses, fast. We are committed to hiring analysts with diverse backgrounds in all industries such as finance, marketing, sales, data management, quantitative analysis, and mathematics.
- As a Cogo Labs Blockchain Data Analyst, you'll implement research projects, from the identification of information gaps to the successful reporting of results and implications
- Synthesize and prioritize research questions within the organization, working with strategy leadership, the executive team, and cross-functional product groups
- Clearly and confidently communicate and share research findings to the business, within required timeframes
- Lead and implement industry research in the blockchain
- Ensure fieldwork is managed accurately, within timelines and budgets, and project requirements are understood by all parties involved and grow business lines within our incubator. You'll design and implement marketing programs, analyze performance metrics, and use the insights you gain to drive growth in audience engagement and revenue. Your expertise, ideas, and hard work will have a direct and immediate impact on the success of your project.
What to expect from Cogo:
- Near obsessive use of data to inform business decisions. We believe that efficient growth happens when we make every decision based on solid, well directed analysis.
- Unmatched opportunity. We believe in mentoring people to grow as quickly as they can. Today's new grad hires are tomorrow's leaders.
- Flexibility and novelty. Your role will define itself over time, as you identify the problems that you are uniquely capable of solving.
- A fun, supportive culture. Happy employees are the most successful. We take care of our own, and not just because it's good business.
What we expect from you:
- Understanding of blockchain core components and core protocol architecture.
- Understanding of blockchain core system programming languages & concepts.
- Organizing and analyzing data, creating charts and graphs, and presenting your findings to the leadership team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate results of the analysis in easy-to-understand content
- Proven ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams and drive results
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and organized
- Flexibility and self motivation. We value the willingness to wear many hats and the commitment to work on whatever needs to get done.
- The ability to make a strong (data driven) case when presenting findings and recommendations, while remaining curious and receptive to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, and dedication to helping your teammates learn.
- Passions and interests outside of work you aren't just your resume.
You are our ideal candidate if:
- A bachelor's degree in a field that requires deep analytical thinking and problem solving. Many of us have Math, Econ, Engineering, or Comp Sci backgrounds, but applications from all quantitative fields are welcome.
- You have a strong background in blockchain and data science, a passion for all-things digital assets, a point of view with respect to the future of decentralized finance and other decentralized organizations, and the ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and specialists.
- Deep interest in multiple facets of crypto—different protocols, dApps, stablecoins, CBDCs, DeFi, NFTs and good understanding of Blockchain fundamentals
- Driven; moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive
- Clearly states project missions, update, decisions, and rationales verbally and in writing
- Enthusiastic, passionate about work and with an entrepreneurial mindset