At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Data Solutions
Perficient's practice, Data Solutions is an agnostic practice with strategists and practitioners focused on building end to end modern data platforms. There is a Big Data Architect position is a travelling position (no travel needed for 2020) for one of our large banking clients who is looking for support in estabilishing their Big data lake solution to serve the enterprise.
As a Senior Solutions Architect you will lead the Strategy and Implementation of their Big Data Lake implementation with large and complex data structures across the enterprise. As a leader working in a team environment you will work with solution architects and developers on various technologies, capabilities, and DevOps solutions.
- Lead the Strategy for a large Big Data Lake implementation using knowledge from both cloud and on premise products
- Lead technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver
- Architect, Design, and Document technical platform architecture to serve customer's needs and propose the solution to different levels of the organization (executive to development teams)
- Bring consulting skills into picture to explain different Big Data and DATAOPS concepts to different skillset levels in the client organization from both leadership and developer levels
- Ability to whiteboard and come up with architectural solutions with different levels of participation in the room
- Serve as a technical lead and mentor. Provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
- Conduct capacity planning to properly size, scale, maintain and troubleshoot a production Cassandra environment in a high volume, mission critical production resource supporting multiple business units for real time access to data
- Knowledgeable about eventual consistency and balance that with transactional order correctness, streaming and batch archetypes driven by Kappa architectural approach
- Must build reference architecture and framework using experience from the past
- Leading and Strategizing Big Data implementation with at least 15+ years of experience with the last 3 years of Big Data Architecture and Consulting expertise
- MUST have consulting background with experience in the last 3 years of architecting and designing large scale Big Data implementation
- MUST have vareity of cloud and on premise experience including Cloudera, AWS, and Azure implementation with an ability to get deep into any SaaS, PaaS services
- Client facing or consulting experience is MANDATORY
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth.
- Phenomenal communicators who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff.
- 5+ years of experience in Large Scale, Fault Tolerance Systems with components of scalability, and high data throughput with tools like Kafka, Storm, Flink, and Spark, and NoSQL platforms like HBase and DataStax
- 5+ years of experience in Data Queue and Transactional management using tools like Kafka
- 5+ years of experience with Team Foundation Server/JIRA/GitHub and other code management toolsets
- Strong hands-on knowledge of/using API/codable languages like: Java, Scala, Ruby, Perl, Python
- Architectural overview and experience with DevOps solutions like: Jenkins, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Docker and MicroServices architectures
- Operations support with a solid understanding of release, incident, and change management
- Need someone who is a self-starter and team player, capable of working with a team of strategists, co-developers, and business/data analysts
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
- Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
- Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.