At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient is on a mission to help the Healthcare industry take advantage of modern data and analytics architectures, tools, and patterns to improve the quality and affordability of care. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to assist Perficient and its customers to grow the capabilities necessary to improve care through better use of data and information, and in the process take their career to the next level.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Data Developer / Analyst in their market leading Data Solutions team.
As a Data Developer Analyst you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
Partner with product owners and end users to carry out business process assessments to identify business needs and priorities.
- Lead and review technology changes using system demonstrations or proof of concept. Assists the user community in the construction and operations of a variety of complex data extracts, reports and dashboards.
- Identify and document current and future business state through process models and use case definitions. Discuss and negotiate business requirements and IT commitments and ensure business outcomes are met.
- Lead the overall coordination, consolidation and decomposition of functional scope into documented user stories, data and system flows for medium to complex scope. Requires understanding business KPIs and expected outcomes to measure success.
- Coordinate with product team and other end users to evaluate and test technology solutions to ensure it satisfies the business needs. This may include writing test conditions, scripts, and/or scenarios, and executing testing. Triage issues identify root cause of systemic issues and ensure a fix is identified and implemented.
- Lead post-production discussions and assist with closing functional gaps and required remediation.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to less-experienced individuals.
- 7+ years of IT Business or Data Analyst experience
- 5+ years of hand on experience with Big Data including Hadoop/Hive and visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects
- 5+ Experience writing complex SQL statements, pulling data, combining and performing analytics using query development tools like Toad, SQL Developer, HQL
- Demonstrated experience and competency in eliciting requirements and producing requirement artifacts (functional specifications, use cases, user stories, business process flows, data flows, story boards, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to guide and influence others
- Ability to express business concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, with strong attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired, and ambiguity is the norm.
- Expert knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Advanced training in project management methodologies, data modeling or other related IT disciplines that enhance the capabilities of the project team
- Financial Services industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.