Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
Are you someone who loves to solve problems by bringing data to the table? Are you passionate about writing SQL? Do you like taking creative approaches to problem solving in a collaborative environment? We need your help!
CarGurus is looking to hire a highly motivated Data Applications Engineer to help shape our growing business intelligence data infrastructure. You will work closely and build relationships with analysts and leadership in all areas of the organization. Become an expert in building data transformations and models that empower people to turn data into insight. At CarGurus, we are data-driven. Help us realize this goal by democratizing our data.
What You’ll Do
- Become a data subject matter expert, providing excellent customer service as an internal consultant to analysts, engineers, and executives.
- Work with stakeholders across all levels of the organization to translate business analysis requirements into logical data models and transformations using our analytics platform (Snowflake, dbt, Looker).
- Support our efforts to develop and implement a single source of truth for our metrics.
- Administer and support Looker and Snowflake.
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years experience in data modeling, data engineering, business intelligence, or other quantitative field.
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment with strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinker, with an interest in solving business problems with data.
- Passionate about creating production grade data models and data quality, supporting what you build.
- Experience in SQL with ability to design and validate complex queries.
- Familiar with Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence and data visualization tools.
- Familiar with Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, or other OLAP data warehouses.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Zuora data a big plus, but not required.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.