Who We Are – MassMutual
At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future. We’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual. MassMutual was named a Top Place to Work in 2019 according to The Boston Globe and No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
Meet the Team – Data Analytics
It is an exciting time at MassMutual! MassMutual is going through a Digital Transformation, continuing to be a leading customer-centric company. The Data Analytics team, part of MassMutual’s new Enterprise Technology Experience organization, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward. The team culture is collaborative, cross-functional, and uses old and new technologies combined with the work/life balance.
- Enterprise-wide transition to a unified and governed strategic BI Platform
- Expansion of Digital Operations footprint, and growing need for access to actionable data insights
- Revitalization of analytics and reporting applications to support changing industry needs and expectations
Are you highly analytical and a problem solver? Would you describe yourself as a strong collaborative leader? Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions, and prioritizes your own development? If so, keep reading - this opportunity is for you!
To continue our digital transformation, we are looking for a strategic thinker and dynamic report developer to join the Data Analytics team that is tasked with implementing an enterprise strategy to enable seamless integration of analytics best practices and standards to business processes. The BI Report Developer is a critical role to building a BI Solution that can support future strategy and goals. This role will be responsible for the creation, publication, and optimization of reporting and analytics, interacting with partners through the Enterprise – including digital operations, data science, and data engineering. This role is hands-on, developing and delivering highly intuitive analytical solutions leveraging leading data visualization technologies.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Build and deploy highly interactive dashboards and reports that are easy to understand, enable self-service and provide secure and efficient access to data
- Continuously improve and enhance the performance, capabilities, and functional coverage of analytics solutions
- Extract and analyze data from disparate sources based on ad-hoc user requests
- Work with business users and other internal customers to help prioritize capabilities in the roadmap
- Collaborate with partners throughout the Enterprise to understand analytics objectives, prioritize requirements, and analyze data and business processes
- Develop and implement necessary reports, dashboards, and other visualizations
- Write complex SQL queries and stored procedures for report or dashboard development
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analysis
- Maintain and support data analytics solutions including MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc...
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or Math
- 7+ years BI/ Analytics experience with increasing responsibilities implementing medium and large-scale projects, business intelligence solutions, and data modeling
- 3+ years’ experience with relational databases, columnar databases, time series databases (e.g., Advanced SQL Queries, Views, Store Procedures and Triggers), BI Platforms, Big data technology, Metadata, Lineage Quality Modeling, Sanitization, Analytics and Reporting.
- 5+ years direct work experience with MicroStrategy
- Must be comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Ability to work individually and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks delivering under the Agile methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with strong financial awareness and personal integrity
- Experience working with internal stakeholders
- 8+ years professional experience preferred
- Recent MicroStrategy certification
- Familiarity with relational data modeling techniques (logical & physical)
- Programming experience in Python or R is a plus
- Familiarity with IBM Cognos, Tableau, Alteryx, Looker, other BI software etc. is a plus.